Thursday, February 4, 2010

Costa Rica Exchange jueves el 4 de febrero




























Today was the first whole group get together planned by the parents. They brought us to La Fortuna where the Arenal Volcano. La Fortuna is a tourist area with a lot of hot springs etc. We were to meet at 10. Luis had to be to school (the school is in La Fortuna) so I went with him to take pictures. This is the school seal. This is a shot of the school from the road. It was hard to get the whole school. I still can't figure out how to comment on the pictures so I will do what I did last night. I took lot of pictures of the school. The school is 4 years newer than PRHS and started from scratch just like ours. Each room has a sign telling what class it is. It is curious that some are in English and some in Spanish. The dog is the school mascot and lives there. It\s name is leba. They were working on the schedule - Wednesday is the first day of school after their long "summer vacation.
I took a picture of where they fix the computers and the equivalent of Linda Chaisson. Also pictured is the Soda or cafeteria. The school rent out space to the company. We then went to La Fortuna. The church is right in front of the volcano. Unfortunately it was all covered by clouds. I shot various road signs. We then went to the hot springs. It was fantastic and the kids really had a great time. The water is heated by the volcano. I thought I had remembered some hint of sulfer smell but today I idid[t notice it. if you look close at the picture of the tree you will see a Toucan. It was far away and flew off before I got a good shot.

6 comments:

  1. the picture under the church is a pic of Linda Chaisson's equivalent and the one under that the room. He has no Mr. Haley:)

    the pic under the dog is the boys bathroom

    Cody(the boy in red under the pepsi light (diet) label is eating a tortilla with carne asado (steak on the grill)

    The pic under the pic of the school lockers is the main office

    ReplyDelete
  2. The toucan is on the 5000 colon bill. (555 colones -$1) For that reason a $5000 colon bill is referred to as a toucan

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow that is very coool, im jealous, you guys look warm. I MISS RAFA!!!! HE WAS THE BEST

    ReplyDelete
  4. I though it would be clear but just in case, he picture just above the school shield is the library.

    ReplyDelete
  5. you're doing great Skip! Pics and blog are awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  6. why can't our school look like theirs?

    ReplyDelete